A book announcement press release helps us tell the world our new book is available for purchase. It’s often sent to the media with a copy and included in the book’s press kit. It’s not the only media relations tool you’ll want to use to generate book buzz, but it’s an essential resource when your goal is to tell the media and online outlets read, watched, or listened to by your book’s target audience that there’s a new book they’ll want to know about.
An effective a book announcement press release is written in a journalistic format that mimics how a magazine or newspaper would report on your new book. It uses the traditional news release format that journalists are accustomed to receiving.
Because this is such an important tool – and because there is a trend among inexperienced publicists to turn the announcement into an advertisement that journalists will reject, not embrace – it’s important to understand how to write a release that will get read and used.
Here are tips designed to help you avoid common and costly errors with your important announcement release.
1. Use the traditional news release format https://arsprojecta.com/. This includes your contact information, a headline, and your announcement written in a journalistic style. Study the press releases offered at PRWeb and PRNewswire for examples. Don’t use graphics, multiple columns, or different fonts, sizes, and colors.
2. Remember that you are not the news. Your book is the news. Unless your name is recognizable, don’t put it in the headline. “New book details secret World War II plot” is more compelling than, “John Brown’s first book is about World War II.”
3. Avoid using superlatives. A news release announces news in a factual way, so limit your descriptive text to the facts. This isn’t a book review expressing an opinion – it’s an announcement that a journalist would like to copy and paste into a publication. That’s why you want to avoid language – “fabulous,” “best-ever,” “fascinating” – that you won’t see in a news story.
4. Distribute your announcement release in text format, not as a PDF file. It is easy to copy and paste text from an e-mail or from a Web site; it is hard to copy text from a PDF file. The more you make somebody work to use your information, the less likely they are to do so.
5. Tell us where to buy the book. This is the key chunk of information most often omitted in the homework assignments submitted by students in my book publicity e-course. Remember to include the title, publisher name, publication date, price, and information about where it can be purchased
Keeping your email list updated with the help of your own blog is one of the most essential elements in maintaining a level of communication with your customers. Also the customers will be ensured that you do care about them and that they are extremely important for you. Making it all work for as well as for them. They are not only going to help in improving your business status but also improve your public relations.
First and foremost to maintain an updated email list, one can always use subscription software that’s effective and updates the new registrars automatically. This system reminds your customers of your company and also keeps them updated of whatever is new on your page. Also helps you keep in touch with them and keep them informed of the news and bring them up to date. Another advantage of using subscription software is that it can be configured according to your will and the subscription can be enabled automatically or manually.