Email began a revolution in the area of communication. What once required a five or ten minute visit or call to a coworker’s office now can be done in just a few seconds. Shoot them an email. The problem is, it’s too easy. We are now inundated with full Inboxes on a daily basis. Sometimes, the Inbox fills up multiple times a day. Managing the volume of your email occupies time you need to be spending on other important aspects of your job. Learn to manage email, and the rest of your day won’t seem so overwhelming.
1. Set aside time for email reading each day and stick to it. If you get an average of 100 emails a day and spend an average of 3 minutes on each email, you are spending 5 hours of your day managing emails! For the average 9-10 hour work day, this is half your time. Break your email time down to one, two or three manageable chunks of time per day. Dedicate a set amount of time (15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc) for email, and work exclusively on email for that duration. Then stop. The rest will have to wait.
2. Go through all of your emails and identify important ones before answering any of them Email1and1. They may all be important to the sender, but face it: they are not all important enough to delay a meeting with clients or a phone call about an upcoming project. Scan all of your emails, spend your designated time responding to the urgent ones, and end your email answering session. Managing emails means recognizing what is important and what is not.
3. Train your staff to use emails only for relevant information. Some managers go so far as to deduct money from the sender’s budget for each email they send. While this seems extreme, it is important to train your staff to save emails for important communication. Teach them to work through more of their problems without a manager’s help, hold them accountable for the number of emails they send or the time they spend on email each day. Help them to recognize that wasted time is wasted effort.
4. Keep your answers brief. Don’t try to train, explain or write lengthy lectures through email. Answer relevant, important questions and make notes of areas where more department training or perhaps a meeting is warranted. Use email as an efficient work tool, not a chit-chat mechanism or a substitute for employee development. Managing emails means recognizing when you should or shouldn’t use email as a communication tool.
5. Learn to ignore irrelevant or unimportant emails. This may be harsh but often necessary. Honestly, if it really is important the email won’t be the last you hear about it. Use your designated email time to complete tasks and tie up loose ends. You can’t solve the world’s problems (or your company’s problems) in an email.
When discussing email advertising, the thing that comes to one’s mind is what will happen in the future. With any strategy there is always pros and cons when considering an effective marketing campaign. This usually occurs with trial and error and then you can plan accordingly from there. Email marketing is the use of electronic mail to get your message out to wide range of potential customers when offering products for sale or services rendered. This is considered advertising by using email. Opt In marketing has become a very effective method of promotion. You can respond to your readers questions and reply back with the best information available.
Email list marketing sometimes gets a bad rap from society. The public sometimes become greatly agitated or inconvenienced by email marketing and consider it spam. Spam is email marketing that does not have the person’s best interest in mind and is sent without the customer permission. When considering email marketing it is best to ask for a persons consent. This is accomplished by using auto responders like get response. You give the customer a book or video and then they fill out their first name and email address. They confirm their email address and then your have the customer or reader on your email list. This way you have legal agreement to send them email. If they choose not to receive it anymore there is a remove link on the end of the email and they can remove their name from your email list.
Double opt in marketing is the best form of email advertising. The attitude of the email marketer begins to grow an association with his customer and builds trust. The client then gains trustworthiness and backing to the company or the email marketer. Opt In marketing end goal is to build confidence and loyalty from the client. Email marketing transforms readers into potential customers that either want to buy your product or get the service you provide. This holds true for existing clients, if the clients continue to be followed up by a series of email messages this would be a trusting relationship between you and your client. So it is best to for the reader to opt in to a form on your website so you can get their permission to send them an email. Some states in the United States do not like email. Others have no problem with it. So it best to not send unsolicited mail to people otherwise know as Spam.Get Response are well know auto responders that are without question legal representation when it comes to email marketing. The reader has given their consent for you or your company to send email to them promoting your product or service. If the reader does not like what you send them or are tired of the email you send them they can just click a link and be removed from your email list. After the customer does this you are not allowed to send them any more email because they have opted out of your email list. When they sign up to your email auto responder list this implies that your customer has given their consent so you can send them more email promoting your products or service. There are various reasons and imperative steps to take to make an email marketing pitch here are some of them.